- 300g soaked almonds (more)
- 5 soaked dates
- Nut Milk Bag
SERVES: 1 litre TIME: 5 minutes + soaking time
This is a very easy recipe for one of most enjoyable drinks on the planet. Almond milk also acts as a key ingredients for many other ninja health recipes.
PREP TIP: Either soak ingredients at night and prepare in the morning or soak in the morning and prepare in evening.
1. Soak 300g almonds and 5 dates 6 – 9 hours before next step
2. Drain almonds and dates
3. Throw into a blender and fill with 1000ml water and blend for 2 minutes
4. Pour mix into nut milk bag over a large bowl in smaller batches and squeeze milk into bowl
5. Transfer to a good glass jug and keep in fridge for up to to 4 days
Benefits of Almond Milk
Almond milk is amazing for your health, not only because you are providing your body with the whole spectrum of vitamins, minerals and enzymes, you are also NOT consuming dairy milk. Milk from cows is meant only for cows. Humans do not have the enzymes to digest dairy milk and regular consumption can cause the body many health issues (read this article for more information).
Almond milk is high in calcium (30% of RDA) and iron which is great for your bones and teeth. It contains no saturated fat, cholesterolor trans fats and is low in sugar.
From one glass you will be treating your body to 25% of your daily vitamin D (also helps your body absorb more calcium)
You are also getting nice levels of Vitamin A, B and as well as copper, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus, zinc and manganese.